Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ct scans

(3 Posts)
Amani Sun 07-Apr-13 21:27:12

Query regarding ct scans as I am awaiting the results of it the radiologist or the consultant who analysis results? When I had my ct scan done, the senior radiologist said -sorry not allowed to give the results as I am not medically qualified. As my consultant is away on holiday, does that mean my results are lying somewhere, when something could be wrong?? Confused.....

youmaycallmeSSP Sun 07-Apr-13 23:03:26

AFAIR it's the radiographer who performs the scan and the radiologist who looks at it. It's very easy to mix the two up!

sashh Mon 08-Apr-13 06:48:13

A radiologist IS a consultant, they report on the X-rays and the report is sent to your consultant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now