Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No period for 13 weeks and GP is taking an age

(4 Posts)
Sara221527 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:06:34

Hi all...I haven't had my period for last 13 weeks. Preg test came out negative. Went to GP couple of weeks ago. She suspected ovarial cyst and gave me a blood test. That blood test was normal. Second time the GP gave me some more blood test and put me down for a vaginal scan.

Went to hospital to give the blood but for vaginal scan I haven't received any call from the hospital. GP told me that, next time she needs to look at both the blood test and vaginal scan to see me. I don't know when the hospital will call me in for vaginal scan. Seems like the whole process gonna take another 3-4 weeks and start of any treatment will take even longer.

Getting very worried about my health as there might be something seriously wrong. We've been trying for baby and now can't get preg as I'm having no period and no ovulation for that matter.

Please suggest what I should do at this moment.

PollyEthelEileen Thu 04-Apr-13 21:08:36

How old are you?

xigris Thu 04-Apr-13 21:09:49

Did you do just one pregnancy test and did your GP do a beta HCG (blood pregnancy test)?

Sara221527 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:29:56

I am 28 years old. I did the preg test twice. My GP didn't do HCG in the first test. I am not sure if she's ticked it in the second test though. I'm certain about not being preg as I don't have any preg symptom at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now