Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling queasy, seem to be fighting a cold, is it worth seeing a doctor?

(7 Posts)
ConfusedPixie Thu 04-Apr-13 18:28:46

I've been feeling queasy on and off since Friday, I seem to be fighting a bad cold too that I may've picked up from DP who was quite ill with it the week before or one of my charges who had a virus. I've been sneezing a lot since last Wednesday, quite bunged up for a few days and constant streaming nose since Thursday. I can deal with that but the nausea is really bugging me and today I've had no appetite what-so-ever.

I asked a nurse yesterday about it and she said it should go away soon and was quite dismissive so I'm wondering whether to see a doctor just in case it is a virus or something else?!

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 04-Apr-13 18:31:56

GP can't do anything if it's a virus. sad If you're not eating this will make you feel sick. It's a problem as you'll then feel sick so won't feel like eating. You're better off trying to eat little but often and seeing how that goes. May be worth popping to your GP to get a check over though.

ConfusedPixie Thu 04-Apr-13 18:47:21

Ah, that'd be why she told me to not bother. I had a piece of toast on the go for an hour with some cheese as I know I need to get something in! So I'm eating still, like you said, little and often.

I'm cooking dinner now and the smell is making it worse, it's dahl, I love dahl normally sad

Thanks smile I'll pop by tomorrow if it's still as bad as today. It's more irritating than anything!

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 04-Apr-13 20:25:12

sad I hope you're feeling better soon. I feel very sick if I haven't eaten. It's horrible.

ConfusedPixie Thu 04-Apr-13 20:32:17

Thank you smile

AnOeufUniversallyEggnowledged Thu 04-Apr-13 20:41:12

I am in bed with something similar - terrible headache, slight cold but oh so nauseous. I actually just Googled 'how soon can morning sickness start?' as ihatvent felt this queasy since pregnancy.
Update if you find a cure!

ConfusedPixie Thu 04-Apr-13 21:46:28

Oh no, I hope you feel better! & I hope it's merely a cold shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now