Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have I knackered my hearing?

(3 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 03-Apr-13 22:07:13

I had labyrythitis a few weeks ago and, since then, one of my ears doesn't appear to hear things the same since. Things sound muffled and odd, not at all the same as the other ear. I did go to the GP and she said it was clear. I have a neurology appointment on the 18th (I also have MS and the bug leading to the labrythitis caused a relapse, all is OK now apart from my ear), should I wait for this or go back to the GP?

Thank you smile

BasketzatDawn Wed 03-Apr-13 23:17:55

For a start you haven't done anything wrong smile, just been unlucky. It's hard to say though. I had labyrinthitis a few years ago and my hearing hasn't entirely recovered - I was hearing impaired already anyway - altogether the synptoms of 'lab' took much longer than a few weeks to resolve, and it's quite possible it will take you longer. It's good you see neuro in a few weeks as oyu can discuss then. it's poss the GP will just say to wait to see neuro. Sorry, respons enot more useful or optimisitic.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 03-Apr-13 23:22:05

That's OK, thank you for answering smile Maybe it just needs time, I'll mention it to the neuro I think. It's not hard to live with except for when I use the phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now