Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worth bothering the GP?

(4 Posts)
Badmood Tue 02-Apr-13 16:07:30

Hi,

Felt "off" for a couple of days, nothing worth moaning about. Today I am having dizzy spells (like being drunk, balance goes, and head spins) last a few seconds at most.

Had this a few weeks back, but had blocked head from a cold so was all related. This time, I do not have a blocked nose.

My son has a cold, so shall I wait and see, or should I book an appointment to be sure?

I know there is a bug going about where people feel ill but not actually "ill" IYSWIM, so don't want to go to the GP unless I have to as my luck, I will probably catch something from the waiting room! grin

Milliways Tue 02-Apr-13 16:34:25

I would wait if recovering from a cold. Then I would ask for a Phone appt with the GP who will tell you if worth a trip to see him.

EuroShaggleton Tue 02-Apr-13 16:36:03

I'd give it a few days personally. I get like that when I am really, really tired. I've been known to walk sideways into walls- it's like being seasick. It never lasts long.

Badmood Tue 02-Apr-13 16:49:08

Yes Euro - its not long lasting. Comes on suddenly and gone again within seconds. Have to take a step to regain balance (when standing still) but can come on when sitting etc

Thanks Milli & Euro smile Will give it a few days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now