Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Being a cow to DCs 2 days before my irregular period - how can I stop this?

(7 Posts)
bonzoed Tue 02-Apr-13 00:07:00

I put this on Chat first by mistake but I'm trying again here:

2 days before my period starts I rage at my children - an uncontrollable rage takes over and I rant at the sweet little things.

Unfortunately my period is wholly unpredictable - from 21 to 47 days over the past year - so I can't predict when 2 days before my period will be.

Is there any way to regulate these hormone levels, preferably without going on this pill, so that I don't have this uncontrollable rage?

anonymosity Tue 02-Apr-13 03:47:40

I had this for a few months about 2 yrs ago. What I needed was to catch up on sleep, cut down on caffiene and cut out any alcohol (even a glass of wine around those days was a big no-no).

Also I took evening primrose oil + multi-vitamins. But mainly it was having more sleep that restored my sanity.

good luck, this, like all things, shall pass..

MrsHoarder Tue 02-Apr-13 04:01:16

I used to have regular periods and this worked better then, but if you feel the rage try to take a deep breath, think "this is mostly PMS" and try not to react. Helps if you have thought out rules about how you should respond to common aggravations.

sannaville Tue 02-Apr-13 07:50:51

I,take st johns wort and find its really good

LadyLech Tue 02-Apr-13 08:05:48

No solutions, but you have my sympathies. I have infrequent periods (sometimes only 3 or 4 a year) so when I finally get one (which can be 60 odd days since the last one), my hormones are flying and I can be a right cow. I try my hardest not to be, but it's the little things that set me off. I'm going to try some of the solutions on here - sound good!

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 02-Apr-13 08:09:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bonzoed Tue 02-Apr-13 11:40:51

Thanks everyone. Think I might get some agnus castus and see how that goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now