Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breakthrough bleeding on Microgynon

(4 Posts)
strawberrypenguin Sun 31-Mar-13 21:27:34

I'm on Microgynon as my birth control have been for a few years now apart from a break to have DS, never had any problems before.

This month I have had small breakthrough bleeds (just there when I wipe -sorry if TMI!) for the last week or so, not due my last pill until Wednesday so not due my usual bleed until fri/sat

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening now? Am I just having an 'odd' month or do I need to think about changing pills?

ValarMorGoolis Mon 01-Apr-13 20:45:46

I took the pill at exactly the same time every day, that helped.

maxmissie Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:04

I was on it for years and years and then after having dd and ds started to get breakthrough bleeds every month so doctor suggested that I change to a different pill, which I have done and now the bleeds have stopped. No idea why they started in the first place!

strawberrypenguin Tue 02-Apr-13 06:40:41

Sounds similar to what you experienced then maxmissie think I might need a GP trip thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now