Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Would you go to the doctor with this?

(7 Posts)
OpheliasWeepingWillow Sun 31-Mar-13 21:17:24

On Friday a gland in my neck started to swell. Saturday it was painful. Today I can hardly swallow and my ear hurts. Am necking ibuprofen and hoping it goes away.

With the painkillers I can swallow, otherwise is agony BUT I have a very low pain threshold...

WWYD? Am I being a wuss?

mildred37 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:36:54

Get yourself to OOH or your GP on Tuesday. That doesn't sound right at all, you poor thing sad

CabbageLeaves Sun 31-Mar-13 21:40:12

When you say swell.... Is it enormous crushing wind pipe deformity sort of swollen? If so...OOH. Otherwise no.

TBH I'd keep on pain killers

It sounds viral and just needs time

lljkk Sun 31-Mar-13 21:50:05

That's weird, I'd get a medical opinion.

CabbageLeaves Sun 31-Mar-13 22:17:32

NHS info

OpheliasWeepingWillow Sun 31-Mar-13 22:42:55

Yeah I think I'm being a bit pathetic given that two glasses of wine have helped. Bloody hurts though. Is not enormous goitre like growth - just annoying and painful hmm

Bah. My money is on a virus.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 31-Mar-13 22:45:31

I wouldn't use OOH.

Sounds like some thing that is likely to start improving after a few days. If not, see your GP and keep topped up with wine and analgesia in the meantime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now