Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sebaceous cyst in armpit and lypomas up arms?

(8 Posts)
Namehelpplease Sun 31-Mar-13 20:12:46

So...to cut a long story short I had an ultrasound on a lump in my armpit which a consultant has said is a sebaceous cyst. I'd been to the GPs several times who thought that's what it was but I insisted on an US as was frantically worried. Could it be anything else if it's been scanned and that's the 'verdict'? It's getting bigger. I've been back to the GPs and he thinks I'm mental to even question it.

Also...I have three hard but moveable lumps up my arms. Again my GP has said 'nothing to worry about'. Reckons it's lypomas. They are worrying me though. I'm only in my early 30s and seem to be developing more.

MintChocCh1p Mon 01-Apr-13 18:25:13

Well I don't think you're mental but is there any reason why you are choosing not to believe the results of a scan ?

Do you suffer from health anxiety? It's a very real and debilitating condition.

Try and believe what the doctor has told you

Namehelpplease Mon 01-Apr-13 19:33:22

Yes - badly! It's awful.

mercibucket Mon 01-Apr-13 21:35:20

I have one of those, it's moveable and I am assured feels quite different from a suspicious lump, so even without a us I was happy enough with that diagnosis. You can have it removed, but might have to go private. It can leave a scar tho.

mercibucket Mon 01-Apr-13 21:35:20

I have one of those, it's moveable and I am assured feels quite different from a suspicious lump, so even without a us I was happy enough with that diagnosis. You can have it removed, but might have to go private. It can leave a scar tho.

MintChocCh1p Mon 01-Apr-13 23:42:29

Ah, there is your answer then.

Your arm is fine. You're fine. Keep repeating this to yourself. No need for more scans or anything. Your doctor is probably dismissive because he's exasperated.

HA is very real and very shit. It's such a hard thing to break if you're truly in the grip of it. But that should be your focus. Getting help for the HA... because next week you do know that you'll have stomach pains or a bad headache or another lump yes? It will go on and on... and you need to address what is actually wrong with you. And that's the HA.

I could < as could other posters > bang on forever about this cyst. You'll feel relieved for ten minutes and then the old anxieties will just creep back.

Go and see your doctor again but this time for the REAL reason

Good luck

MintChocCh1p Mon 01-Apr-13 23:43:13

And I think I might possibly have said this to you before.... smile

Namehelpplease Tue 02-Apr-13 17:11:03

Thank you mint smile. You've knocked some sense in (I think).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now