Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This probably is a bit odd isn't it?

(5 Posts)
SilentMammoth Sun 31-Mar-13 16:46:02

I gave birth by emCS 9 days ago.

I've noticed that I only need to wee once every 12 hours once when |I get up and once before bed. In between I literally have no feeling of a full bladder and I'm drinking normal amounts.

This was my fifth baby and in the operation report they did note a +++ floppy bladder blush

It's not actually causing any problems exactly, has anyone else experienced this?

EggwiniasRevenge Sun 31-Mar-13 16:56:45

Yes and no.

I couldn't urinate immediatrly after giving birth both times.

I had to have a catheter both times to empty my bladder. They said if I didnt my bladder would have become overstretched and I would have no sensation of needing to wee.

I would start forcing yourself to wee every couple of hours (assume you are producing urine) and mention it to the mw if you are still being seen.

sannaville Tue 02-Apr-13 11:07:52

I had a catheter with both my sections and it gave me a very odd sensation for couple weeks after that I wasn't quite sure if I needed to wee or not! Try doubling your fluid intake and make yourself have a wee at lunchtime

Gruntfuttocks Tue 02-Apr-13 11:13:34

Agree that you probably need to retrain your bladder. Drink plenty and go for a wee every hour on the hour! I had this after a face to pubes vaginal delivery. Bladder felt like a watermelon until I realised it was overfilling and I needed to empty more often. Settled back to normal in a few weeks.

yaimee Tue 02-Apr-13 17:45:15

I was exactly the same. I put it down to forgetting to go because of ds and my body training itself accordingly but thinking about it now it could have been down to the section. 16 months on I still don't go very often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now