Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

strange hair appearing on daughter's belly?

(4 Posts)
lovechocolates Fri 29-Mar-13 12:14:11

hello.
I have noticed my 4 year old daughter has a small patch of hair appearing on her belly. Its just below the belly button and just the size of a penny. Its not noticable at the moment and the hair is very short - almost like legs, a day after they have been shaved. I'm not alarmed by this, but just wondered if anyone else out there have found something similar. I showed no alarm to my daughter either, so she's not fussed by it either. She is generally well, happy, normal little girl, but i've never some across this before. what do you think?

tabbycat15 Fri 29-Mar-13 12:40:55

It sounds like it could be a hormone imbalance. I would take her to the Drs to be checked out. Is there a mole underneath as hairs can grow out of moles?

lovechocolates Fri 29-Mar-13 12:56:16

no. not a mole. Nothing there at all, a part from this little patch of hair.

KurriKurri Fri 29-Mar-13 14:47:28

Try reposting in children's health, and maybe try a search for the thread - I'm sure I remember someone posting about something very similar on there a little while ago. Many apologies because I cannot remember what it turned out to be, but I think someone on there might well be able to help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now