Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do my legs ache?

(10 Posts)
lottie63 Thu 28-Mar-13 06:30:56

They've started to ache in my thighs... A nervy, itchy sort of aching which almost sets my teeth on edge. It's when I'm laying down in bed. Not exercise related as not doing any at the moment

Footle Thu 28-Mar-13 09:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lottie63 Thu 28-Mar-13 10:34:13

No, no statins. Am wondering if this is a post-viral thing now as had a bug a few weeks ago. Anyone know if this could happen - and why?

EllieArroway Thu 28-Mar-13 17:27:35

Sounds like restless legs syndrome. I get it in my calves, but some people do get it in their thighs. It's horrible, like there's something crawling inside and it sets my teeth on edge too.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/restless-legs-syndrome/DS00191/DSECTION=symptoms

I think the cause is a bit of a mystery, but it's not uncommon or considered to be dangerous.

EllieArroway Thu 28-Mar-13 17:27:49

www.mayoclinic.com/health/restless-legs-syndrome/DS00191/DSECTION=symptoms

Sorry.

lottie63 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:38:47

Thanks. Will check out the links

Nellymay Thu 28-Mar-13 23:55:35

I've had it most of my adult life -it drives me mad - i've been watching tv tonight and one leg has been twitchy all evening. I get up and stretch my calf muscles and bounce on the balls of my feet - theres even a name for it Ekdorfs syndrome and a website too. There no real reason for it - it just happens to some people. Magnesium supplements help and iron

ShootingStarsss Fri 29-Mar-13 00:00:24

I have had this for the past week but in my calves, I put it down to bug or something as my body has been a bit achy.
Last night was just my left calf but it was driving my mad, pain and felt like I needed to go running.

Sympathy op but not sure what to suggest for it.

domesticslattern Fri 29-Mar-13 00:04:43

A spiky massage ball helps me with aching legs. You can get them in a variety of colours and sizes. Massage the glutes as well as where it hurts. This is on my osteopath's advice and it works for me (doesn't take all the pain away but helps especially when combined with paracetemol and distraction!).Hope you get some relief soon.

lottie63 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:01:15

Thanks domestics. May try that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now