Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Big,sore, throbbing lump on the roof of my mouth...

(12 Posts)
HeadFairy Tue 26-Mar-13 22:33:07

I've got a stinking cold... Is here a connection? My gums feel very thobby but this lump is horrid. Do I have glands in the roof of my mouth? Lymph nodes? Gah, it hurts!

Selba Tue 26-Mar-13 23:03:14

Can you describe size and location of lump?

HeadFairy Wed 27-Mar-13 03:02:34

It's about an inch and a half behind my teeth, slightly to the left. It's so painful now, I've just taken some ibuprofen as its given me a banging headache. It's making my whole top jaw ache. I've even tried a bit of bonjela on it as I think it may have some local anaesthetic in it. This is the worse pain I've had in a while. I don't have any paracetamol in the house but I do have lemsip, I may have to go and have one just to stop this pain.

LittleEsme Wed 27-Mar-13 14:50:20

Can you see it with a tiny mirror?

LittleEsme Wed 27-Mar-13 14:50:39

Does it feel soft or hard ?

nannyj Wed 27-Mar-13 20:22:37

Hi, I had this the other day and the doc said it was glands then on the back of my throat I got an ulcer too. I gargled with soluble paracetamol and it was much better within 48 hours.

HeadFairy Wed 27-Mar-13 20:25:56

Esme it's hard and still really throbbing.

It's still there after 36 hours. My mum reckons its either a gland or lymph node... Gawd it's sore hmm

I'm meant to be going on holiday on Friday hmm

nannyj Wed 27-Mar-13 20:30:00

Mine felt like a hard pea under the skin but just looked red.

HeadFairy Wed 27-Mar-13 20:55:36

Mine's about the size and shape of a kidney bean.

almondfinger Wed 27-Mar-13 21:13:53

Does it feel a bit jellylike. Have you been sucking any boiled sweets lozenges? It could be a sugar burn.

I get them and have been told by dentist that they are mouth ulcers (which with you being sick and run down is likely). The pain and the headache are killer. Try gargling with disprin.

HeadFairy Wed 27-Mar-13 22:22:48

It's not jelly like, and I haven't been eating sweets recently. I've never heard of sugar burns, yuk!

It doesn't feel like a mouth ulcer, the skin isn't broken or anything like that.

Jestrin Sun 31-Mar-13 20:11:26

I'm not an expert but could it be a saliva gland? Possibly even a stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now