Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cysts on ovaries

(4 Posts)
gallifrey Tue 26-Mar-13 21:59:30

I had an mri scan on my back 3 years ago and recently obtained a copy of my scan and reports. On there it says that they noticed several large cysts on my ovaries and they recommend further investigation.
This is the first I've heard of this, it hasn't been mentioned to me at all even when I went to the doctor in tears that I was bleeding so heavily and for weeks at a time.
I'm tempted to take the report to my gp and ask for something to be done.

lottie63 Thu 28-Mar-13 06:41:43

I ve had ovarian cysts on my ovaries. If you're still having regular cycles, they will increase and decrease in size with your hormonal changes. I was sent for regular six month scans to make sure they were just benign and nothing untoward had changed with their size, shape, nature etc. most cysts are benign but you shuold follow this up with your GP, who d be in a position to put your mind at rest. In the UK, though, I think they only worry if they are over a certain diameter as I think they are quite common.

bruffin Thu 28-Mar-13 07:00:42

I had endometrial cysts on my ovaries. I was getting incredibly painful periods with temperatures which got worse each month then would get better and then start building up again.
I now suspect that the built up each month and burst. This went on for two years then stopped.Gp said i was perimenapausal and wanted me to have a mirena. They had already prescribed a progesteron which was worse than useless so decided against it.
Still get very heavy periods for 2 days but nowhere near as painful.

digerd Thu 28-Mar-13 07:19:24

DD had one, but her periods were erratic. She was told to wait 6 weeks and they scanned again and it had shrunk to a dot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now