Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma, chest infection, wheezing.......................

(6 Posts)
CarnivorousPanda Tue 26-Mar-13 17:13:53

I have been ill for about 6 weeks now. Started off with a heavy cold, then progressed to weeks of wheezing and coughing. Have had antibiotics, course of prednisolone and today a chest x ray to see what's going on.

Feel slightly better as have rested all day, but I'm worried as supposed to be starting a new job in a few weeks.

Has anyone else been this ill with their asthma/lungs this year? I feel really tired and run down now.

BLOO3Z Tue 26-Mar-13 20:51:48

Yep I just posted that my asthma not too good, sounds like you just need to rest right now, hope you feeling better soon.

Merguez Wed 27-Mar-13 09:37:56

Happens to me most winters. Can't offer much practical advice - although now I take sambucol and echinacea when I feel a cold coming on and it seems to help.

Just sympathy - rest as much as you can and sure you will be fine by the time the new job starts.

CarnivorousPanda Wed 27-Mar-13 21:25:32

Thanks for the good wishes, hope you both keep/get well too. I just felt this year the wheezing and coughing has gone on for so many weeks, it gets really tiring. I'm sure the weather hasn't helped.

I took a week off sick, so am reluctant to take more and have it on my record. Am going to try and rest over this weekend.

BLOO3Z Fri 29-Mar-13 11:59:10

carnivourous its easter so rest and eat chocolate that is sure to make you feel lots better.

CarnivorousPanda Fri 29-Mar-13 17:11:06

Well, I've made a good start - 1 bag of mini eggs and some nice Whole Nut!

Have you been feeling ill for weeks as well Bloo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now