Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ganglion pain help!!

(4 Posts)
ariane5 Tue 26-Mar-13 10:44:05

I had a ganglion on my finger removed about 10 yrs ago (when dd1 was a baby and still bf) it had been causing me pain but once it was taken out it didn't return.

I have got another one on a different finger and it is AGONY. Can't push ds2 buggy properly, lift his carseat, I keep catching it and the pain makes me want to throw up.

Went to gp to get ref for removal but they said no?? Apparently as I'm still bf ds2 it won't work?? I said it worked fine when dd1 was a baby and still bf and explained how it is causing pain daily and making simple activities v hard.

They still said no. I can't afford private treatment.Is there anything I can do? It HURTS so much sad

silverangel Tue 26-Mar-13 13:13:58

I dont understand how it would not work becuase you are bf?! Makes no sense at all.

I had one aspirated on my hand - they suck the stuff out with a hollow needle (GRIM) but I cannot see how that would be affected by BF.

Can you see another GP?

ariane5 Tue 26-Mar-13 14:05:54

It was something to do with me having EDS, and still bf making joints even more hypermobile?? But I've had it done before while still bf and it worked then !

I'm in pain with it every day I just want it cut out.

lottie63 Thu 28-Mar-13 06:43:31

See another GP. Mine was aspirated too and it worked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now