Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Verruca

(10 Posts)
ripsishere Tue 26-Mar-13 04:34:58

Anyone have a proven remedy? I've a mid sized one on the outside of my foot which is painful.
I have been using Schol callous and corn liquid (as directed by the pharmacist) but nothing is happening.
I am unable to find a chiropodist/podiatrist here in Malaysia so am eyeing up DDs craft knife.

MildDrPepperAddiction Tue 26-Mar-13 05:37:25

Duct tape. Works amazingly. Just keep changing the little piece every day or so. It got rid of mine.

ripsishere Tue 26-Mar-13 05:38:54

Really? That silver stuff? I think we have some somewhere. How big are you talking and bear in mind I only wear sandals...

SavoyCabbage Tue 26-Mar-13 05:44:03

I did dds with black nail varnish after reading it on here. It starves it of light apparently. It worked really quickly.

ripsishere Tue 26-Mar-13 05:51:05

I am torn now. Black nail varnish versus duct tape. Decisions decisions. I suppose it will depend on what's easiest to find.

SavoyCabbage Tue 26-Mar-13 08:15:40

If only you had two verrucas you could have conducted an experiment.

ripsishere Wed 27-Mar-13 04:53:23

grin one is painful enough.

topsyandturvy Wed 27-Mar-13 08:50:12

ah haa!!, we have just got rid of a large wart in 3 weeks flat by applying neat tea tree oil on a cotton bud 3 times a day, and covering at all times with an extra strength fabric plaster (Boots or elastoplast)

topsyandturvy Wed 27-Mar-13 08:50:53

I always found duct tape wouldnt stick, I would think nail varnish works exactly the same way but is more convenient and less unsightly?

issypiggle Wed 27-Mar-13 09:28:50

now why didn't i use these rather than using bazuka gel????

i used to soak and file mine....took for ever but worked in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now