Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else's oh have prostatitis?

(10 Posts)
Welovegrapes Tue 19-Mar-13 21:19:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Welovegrapes Tue 19-Mar-13 22:22:48

Welovegrapes Wed 20-Mar-13 14:02:24

Welovegrapes Wed 20-Mar-13 16:19:05

Welovegrapes Wed 20-Mar-13 23:44:41

gingeroots Thu 21-Mar-13 08:33:36

Sounds awful .

I think he really should go back to GP and make a fuss .
Personally I think he needs to get it checked out again in case they've missed anything ( forgive me for scaremondering ) .

And ,sorry again if this sounds odd ,but have you tried postin on the gransnet bit of MN as I know it's common in older men .

You can't go on putting up with this ,it needs sorting .

Welovegrapes Thu 21-Mar-13 08:37:14

Welovegrapes Thu 21-Mar-13 08:38:03

gingeroots Thu 21-Mar-13 09:28:27

welovegrapes - please go back .

I know I'm being alarmist but I've recently had a camera down my throat and something nasty discovered .

Point is ,aftertwards ( sorry sp has gone awol ) when consultant discussing bad results with me he kept on about how it was a small area and easy to miss and he only noticed it when nearly finished .

I think we sometimes expect too much of the medical profession/have a bit too much faith in them and then we keep quiet/dont like to "make a fuss " when they tell us not to worry .

It's not acceptable is it for your DH and you to be suffering like this - something is wrong and needs sorting .

And if the camera thing is awful for your DH then he needs a higher dose of sedation .

Gather your strength to go into the fray and get it sorted .

jue60 Mon 17-Aug-15 17:00:27

Have read these posts, my DS who is 24 has had prostatitis and is really struggling. He is suffering from depression as a result and is on meds for this but has anyone any suggestions for alleviating the discomfort? Were alpha-blockers effective as he's not on those? So distressing to see him like this. Urologist suggested drinking copious amounts of fluid and running to relieve the congestion, which hasn't made any difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now