Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any podiatrists out there?

(5 Posts)
HollyMadison Tue 19-Mar-13 15:43:02

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Tue 19-Mar-13 15:12:55

Crocs would be OK.
It probably is worth seeing a Podiatrist. It sounds like you may have some 'excessive pronation', a common condition which is a pre cursor to getting boney lumps and bumps on the foot. A good musculoskeletal Podiatrist will diagnose that and could help you out with some orthotics to control foot function if they feel its necessary.

HollyMadison Tue 19-Mar-13 12:05:13

Thank you so much for your reply. I have learnt a lesson!

Do you have any recommendations for soft shoes or slippers for wearing indoors? I live in an apartment with hard flooring in a country where everyone must remove shoes in homes. Of course I can do what I like in my own home but I don't think my downstairs neighbours will want to hear me clomping about in shoes.

Also, is it worth seeing a podiatrist to help see if I can improve things and help me prevent further damage? Or is that like seeing a heart surgeon to tell me to eat better?!

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Mon 18-Mar-13 13:33:27

Yes, that was a bad idea!
The boney protrusion won't improve so yes permenant damage done unfortunately.
Try not to go barefoot at all for a while and make sure your shoes are actually attached to your foot rather than your foot working to hold them on.

HollyMadison Sun 17-Mar-13 14:23:17

Hi. I am a complete idiot and have worn Haviana flipflops pretty much every day for a year (I live in a hot country). I do a bit of walking as I have a toddler.

I have realised that my toes are now kind of clenched up and the bone on the edge of my foot below the little toe is sticking out more than previously. No pain though.

Have realised how stupid I've been and bought myself some decent sandals with support. Will my feet return to pre-flipflop state or have I done permanent damage? sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: