Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

G0 see a therapist - it really works.

(2 Posts)
Twinkie Thu 22-Jan-04 11:47:48

Hi everyone - just me again.

Just wanted to say that I have always had reservations about therapists and for so long had the 'pull yourself together attitude' that most people have but after my sister lost Miles I went to see one after having a bit of a breakdown.

She is great - I only see her once a week and can't afford to much more - hopefully the NHS is gonna start picking up the bill but it really really helps - its like having a friend that doesn't stop you half way through and say 'oh yes that happened to me and blah blah blah happened' - thier story is more often than not worse than yours and thst doesn't happen with a therapist - she sits there and lets you unburden yourself - its great.

Please if you are feeling like you can't cope go and see one, speak to your doctor and see if you can get a referral - it really has helped me cope with the court case and Miles' death and everything else that has happened with X2b.

(U guys have been just as good though XX )

Bozza Thu 22-Jan-04 12:31:48

Its funny Twinkie but I was thinking just that - your last sentence - this morning. I have a bit of an issue that I was thinking of posting on here about because it is more like a therapist than talking to your friends.

Glad your therapist is helping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: