Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have ME/CFS and suspected Fibromyalgia - been referred to Haematologist.......

(2 Posts)
WhereTheWildOnesSnow Sat 16-Feb-13 10:28:57

Is this right? I thought I was being referred to a Rheumatologist but just received a letter saying I need to see the Haematologist, or am I being really silly and these are the same thing.

Any help with be appreciated.

Don't want to get there and be in the wrong department :-/

magso Sat 16-Feb-13 14:57:32

Does seem a bit odd but it depends who the lead clinician is for CFS locally. In my area it is the thyroid/hormone specialist (sorry cannot remember the proper title). My work up involved mostly blood tests and history. Perhaps ring your GP to double check - or google CFS lead for your health authority? Bumping for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now