Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can we reduce the risk of DH catching chickenpox from DD?

(5 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Wed 23-Jan-13 21:45:34

Her spots only started yesterday so guess we have a few more days of contagion and DH apparently has never had it.
Is there anything we can do to reduce risk ?
Has anyone been in this situation and not caught it?

MirandaWest Wed 23-Jan-13 21:46:29

When I had chicken pox my sister didn't get it. Hopefully your DH will be ok.

MERLYPUSS Wed 23-Jan-13 22:07:42

Nope, dont think so. He'll either get it or he wont. He may've had it really mildly when young. So mildly that the 1st ((queen?) spot was passed off as an insect bite. My twins both had it but totally different style of rash and severity.

5madthings Wed 23-Jan-13 22:08:44

Can he see a go and get the vaccination, he may have to pay.

Liveinthepresent Wed 23-Jan-13 22:28:36

Thanks for replies ! Its a case of fingers crossed... Don't mention the jab 5madthings'- I paid for DD to have it last week on the grounds it would reduce chances of being in this situation - as DH not had it and i am pg. Looks like my timing was woeful as she must have already been in incubation period.

On the plus side GP has agreed to test both our immunity - so we will know whether we need to worry or not once we get the results - but meanwhile still several days to get through by which time it may well be too late...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now