Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eyelid twitch and 'sticking' eyelid.. a problem or just getting older?

(2 Posts)
NotLinda Thu 17-Jan-13 19:23:46

a week ago i had a slight pulsing/ twitching in my right eyelid. it went on for 2 days intermittently.

i have also in the last week been able to feel my right eyelid 'stick'. when i blink, it seem to open in two stages... it opens almost fully and then seems to get a bit stuck a bit, almost as if the fold of eyelid skin folds get caught at the last second.

the right eyelid also seems very slightly more droopy/ older looking (you know the bit where you put eye shadow on) than my left eye.

i also have a very slight puffy swelling on this eyelid but i think its just a slightly prominent vein, which has been there for years, so i think its unrelated (and i often go to optomotrist for my contact lens / eye checks)

if you are an older poster (i am 40) with more hooded eyelids than in your youth, can i politley (?) ask if you can feel them 'stick' now that the eyelid skin folds have became more saggy? (genuine question)

any ideas? has my right eye suddenly aged or is there more to it??

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 18-Jan-13 12:07:14

I was going to suggest this twitch is caused by too much caffeine intake or stress. If there is additional droopiness or sticking sensation I'd get an opthalmologist to check it over, (your GP may or may not have relevant experience but might as well go to an eye doctor).

Sorry am not medical myself so don't go by what I say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now