Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blocked nose

(4 Posts)
GrandmaW Sat 12-Jan-13 20:53:12

I don't appear to have a cold, but keep getting a blocked nose. Have bought nasal sprays from the chemist which eventually clear it, but then it returns after a few hours.
I wake up in the night and can't breath through my nose at all , which makes me feel quite panicky,until I use the spray. I know I can breathe through my mouth but it's not the same.,
Any ideas what this is? Have also been recommended to try Sudofed.

dikkertjedap Sat 12-Jan-13 20:58:54

I would see your GP. It could be you have nasal polyp(s). Best to get it checked.

TerracottaPie Sat 12-Jan-13 21:01:14

I was going to say maybe polyp from the thread title too.

Do you have allergies at all?

amazingmumof6 Sat 12-Jan-13 21:04:44

try infra light/ heat therapy, you can buy the smaller types to use at home.

my mum suffers terribly from blocked nose & sinuses and gp said that steaming can make it worse for some people as the moisture makes the mucus swell up (think dry paste v. cooked pasta) so dry heat is better.

use nasal drops first to loosen it (saline is good enough, but you can ask chemist) then use the infra light/lamp as instructed

at night you can try olbas oil drops

you could also be allergic to a range of things (smoke, dairy, citrus fruits etc) so you might want to contact a nutritionist for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now