Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heavy periods dd 16...

(2 Posts)
Mrsrobertduvall Fri 11-Jan-13 21:42:06

Dd started periods aged 12 and they have always been on the heavy side.
About 18 months ago she was put on Cerezette, but was having an almost constant bleed which dr said was common in about 25% of women.
She came off it after 6 months and periods have remained heavy.

She has anxieties, which are made worse by periods...and just can't get the hang of tampons.
She is really struggling tonight as she has a whole day event tomorrow outdoors with limited access to toilet facilities. She is getting more and more worked up.

i 'm planning to take her to the doctors this week ( if I can get in!) to discuss options.
Has anyone been in this position...what options are there?

Unfortunately, heavy periods do run nnmy family.

sashh Sat 12-Jan-13 03:47:53

I was like that from 11. It is horrible.

The pill reduced things so I only bled for 7 days, not 10 and only needed to get up once in the night to change. I used to throw up too. (is that TMI)

Anyway the thing that has worked for me is the injection. I had a light bleed for a week or so to start with, now there is nothing, no period at all, and no PMT.

If you can't get in with the GP then try family planning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now