Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

flu now flu again ??

(4 Posts)
crikeybill Tue 08-Jan-13 14:11:19

I had flu over the Xmas holidays. It started Xmas day and I was bedridden for 4 days. Didnt leave the house for two weeks.
The fatigue went but still had a runny nose and cough. I've woke up today right back at square one !!
My throat is the worst its ever been, its so sore and swollen its distorting my voice. I can barely walk without needing to lie down. Clothes hurt me !!! My head is agony, my eyes hurt. Wtf is going on !!! I couldn't do the school run this morning I made dh do it and went back to bed till 10 mins ago. I'm going back now.
How can I have flu twice in a row ?
Is it worth bothering a gp ?

RooneyMara Tue 08-Jan-13 14:14:09

Are you taking something like paracet or ibuprofen? have had awful bronchitis for weeks now and it's ONLY just starting to go, slightly, still coughing all night and went out on school run this morning, almost the first time I've driven/walked anywhere for 3 weeks - but keeping the temps under control is the charm.

My parents now both have it, it's horrible, seems to go on and on and on...it could be the same thing, go and see GP if not improving soon - I was given antibiotics in case it's a proper infection, to stop it getting worse.

Poor thing x

crikeybill Tue 08-Jan-13 15:16:16

Yep taking ibuprofen. In fact I just realised I have taken too much. Only had an hours gap then took two more, I am so not with it.
Dh is now off to collect kids while I sit with the 17 month old then its back to bed again.
I honestly feel like a massive whinger but don't recall ever feeling this bad.

Got an appt for six to beg for antibiotics sad

dikkertjedap Tue 08-Jan-13 16:22:05

Good you managed to get an appointment. Hope your GP has ruled out pneumonia.

Hope you get better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: