Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

This might seem like a silly q but - is it possible to have a "slight" cold?

(6 Posts)
IwantaPetFox Thu 03-Jan-13 14:32:34

I sometimes feel like I'm fighting off a cold - a bit snivelly and under the weather, but not really ill and snotty like when you have a full blown cold. Is it actually possible to have the cold virus but be fighting it off, so that you don't feel properly ill, or is it a case of either you've got one or you don't?

InLoveWithDavidTennant Thu 03-Jan-13 15:16:55

my dh is like this. wakes up with a bit of a sore throat and runny nose and by night time its gone and it comes to nothing. ive been with him since 2005 and have only ever seen him with 1 cold... and even then it wasnt bad. he's never been properly ill either the lucky sod envy

in fact he woke up monday with a bit if a sore throat and runny nose... i am now stuck in bed with a full on sinus infection angry

SPBInDisguise Thu 03-Jan-13 15:19:23

Course it is. Like you can have a slight rash or a full blown one

IwantaPetFox Thu 03-Jan-13 15:22:21

Ah maybe it's not so odd then. I can't remember the last time I had a proper cold and I never seem to catch them off other people, even when they are basically sneezing all over me. Maybe viruses express themselves differently in different people. It's just been annoying me this week because I seem to be getting a slight sore throat and a sniffle every evening and then waking up fine. Weird!

Hope you feel better soon InLove!

InLoveWithDavidTennant Thu 03-Jan-13 15:29:52

thanks iwant

i hope i do too... have had a rubbish 3 weeks healthwise and just want to be well again

IwantaPetFox Thu 03-Jan-13 15:37:27

sad brew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: