Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dh is a big whimp

(5 Posts)
steppyhen Mon 31-Dec-12 18:04:27

my dh has asked me to put on mums net how to get rid of a spot up your nose?? hes had me looking up his nose with a torch (yuk) and all i can see is a really red boil and his nose is swollen?! any advice ??!! hes currently sat with a tissue tucked up his nose as he is says its too sure !!!

steppyhen Mon 31-Dec-12 18:05:01

also their is nothing to burst no head etc?

KurriKurri Mon 31-Dec-12 21:17:27

Well spots up the nose are very painful and if it's really a boil it will be very very painful - you unsympathetic wife you grin

He could try holding something like a hot flannel against his nose to try to bring it to a head, if it is a spot (rather than a boil) he could shove some savlon or antiseptic cream up there. If it is a boil (rather than a spot) he might have to go to see the practice nurse and get some anti biotics.

I someone I know has had success with up the nose spot bursting by poking around with a cotton bud - disclaimer I am not a a medical professional, unless watching Holby counts.

MrsMoosickle Mon 31-Dec-12 21:19:12

Bit of TCP on a cotton bud?

hiddenhome Tue 01-Jan-13 23:33:13

Hot flannel and get some magnesium sulphate paste onto it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now