Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sulphur burps & diarrhoea - norovirus or food poisoning?

(7 Posts)
JimbosJetSet Mon 31-Dec-12 09:38:45

Please come and diagnose me - It started with a very dodgy feeling tummy yesterday afternoon, then awful sulphur burps and diarrhoea. This morning I still have diarrhoea but the burps have gone, thank goodness. I've not been sick.

What do you think? Hoping for food poisoning (can I blame the M&S sushi I had for lunch yesterday?) as I don't want DH and two little DCs to catch it!

Also, I'm EBF my 3 month old - am I going to pass my illness to him through my milk??

Thanks!!

JimbosJetSet Mon 31-Dec-12 10:50:50

Anyone? hmm

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Mon 31-Dec-12 10:56:57

Impossible to know sadly, some people do get noro very mildly (despite what others might say!) lots and lots of hand washing and disinfecting. Hope you feel better soon.

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Mon 31-Dec-12 10:57:27

You won't pass on bugs through your milk. Just helpful antibodies.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 31-Dec-12 10:59:12

Treat it as a virus, but hope for food poisoning. Lots of careful handwashing, use paper towels to dry your hands, disinfect the toilet after every visit, wipe the door handles disinfectant...

AmberLeaf Mon 31-Dec-12 11:00:05

Ive had that before, I thought it was a bug?

EllieArroway Mon 31-Dec-12 11:15:06

It might be neither. I sometimes get this for no apparent reason, and I assume it's just that I've eaten something that didn't quite agree with me rather than full on food poisoning.

If you haven't vomited it is very unlikely to be norovirus - and most cases of food poisoning do include vomiting too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now