Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Right I feel fine, but I am still full of phlegm-how to shift it?

(7 Posts)
hugoagogo Sat 22-Dec-12 22:44:33

It has been weeks since dh will come near me; 'tis Christmas and everything!

Will tiger balm work on my feet, ifI haven't got vicks?

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Sat 22-Dec-12 22:47:33

Is it sinuses or chest based?

hugoagogo Sat 22-Dec-12 22:53:04

Chesty, I think (am ashmatic).

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Sun 23-Dec-12 01:33:42

You need to break up the phlegm, you can use back/chest tapping therapy like they do for cystic fibrosis sufferers.

I knew someone who swore by thyme tea for chesty things, no idea if it worked. You have to simmer fresh thyme in water for several hours then drink the liquid.

Also chop an onion and cover with sugar in a glass. Leave until sugar turns into a syrup say 24 hours and then ingest a teaspoon full several times a day.

saladcreamwitheverything Sun 23-Dec-12 01:41:33

Steam inhalation - towel over the head over a steamy bowl n stuff. Loosens all ya phlegmy bits. And you can emerge from the towel all hot n steamy giving DH those wanting eyes (if that's what you want!) then get him to rub the Tiger Balm in your feet grin

hugoagogo Sun 23-Dec-12 20:12:27

Thanks, I might try a bit of steam. Not so keen on the onion thing though.confused

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Sun 23-Dec-12 20:57:01

It's not that bad, you only take the syrup part which is mostly sugar and not the onion. Just tastes like sugar with a hint of onion. Works though as an expectorant to get rid of phlegm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now