Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

buying condoms - advice please

(3 Posts)
rubberbaron Sat 22-Dec-12 21:52:36

how do you go about choosing which condoms to buy? i can take measurements before i go to the shop. they only seem to have a width measurement on them (from what i've seen). i'm not sure where/how that measurement is supposed to be made. also do they vary much? as condoms are made from a stretchable material and are going on to something which changes size, are most regular condoms the same and it's not something to get too deeply into... is it only if the member is extremely unusual in shape and size, that you need look much further into this. also do they need to have a bsi kitemark? or is the ce mark good enough?

RubyrooUK Sat 22-Dec-12 22:22:08

Trial and error is your friend here. If you buy from a chemist, they should all be perfectly good quality. There are some differences in width that make a difference if someone is particularly wide/narrow.

But most people can wear standard ones. So I'd buy a pack of three, try them and if they don't work or feel uncomfortable, try others.

RubyrooUK Sat 22-Dec-12 22:23:35

When I say "don't work", I mean "don't suit you" as opposed to them actually breaking! If you follow the instructions inside the pack about wearing them carefully, that shouldn't occur.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now