Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've just whacked my arm and its so sore

(7 Posts)
QueenOfCats Tue 18-Dec-12 22:43:31

Managed to give my forearm a good old whack off the edge of a door frame and it hurts like hell confused I was trying to hit DP (in a joke of course!) so took a good swing!

It's the little finger side, it bruised instantly and has a big lump over the bone midway between wrist and elbow. Bashed the side of my little finger knuckle too which is sore.

Have iced it but its very sore, can't lift a cup of tea or have a sleeve over it.

Can move it so I'm guessing nothing too serious, right??

Showtime Tue 18-Dec-12 22:55:22

Sorry, don't know, but I keep some roll-on Biofreeze in medicine box for similar pain, nothing works faster.

QueenOfCats Tue 18-Dec-12 22:56:48

Oh, I've never heard of that, what is it?

wonkylegs Tue 18-Dec-12 22:59:07

My DS has done the exact same thing this evening and has required Mr Bump ice pack & lots of cuddles, he did his by running with his aeroplane wing into a semi open door in the hall. Dr DH has diagnosed it as unlikely that it's broken but it's gonna hurt like a bastard for a while. (technical term that hmm )

Showtime Tue 18-Dec-12 23:09:50

It comes in cream and aerosol containers too, around £10 each, but really fast relief for bad pains, having S.American Ilex as base and icy cold.
Pharmacy ordered it, no problem, and don't know anything as good. Try any cooling gel, or even aloe might help if you have a plant at home.

QueenOfCats Tue 18-Dec-12 23:10:09

Hehe! Thanks wonky!! Love the medical terminology grin

I really shouldn't google blush

QueenOfCats Tue 18-Dec-12 23:11:42

Thanks showtime, I'll see if I can get some of that, definitely handy to have at home smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now