Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help! ive found a lump

(25 Posts)
Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 14:29:27

help me! im 21 good health but ive found a lump just under my cheek bone and im panicking! ive got a docs appointment today but im terrified! please help mesad

ohmeohmy Tue 18-Dec-12 14:56:31

Stay calm and see what the doc says.

OpheliasWeepingWillow Tue 18-Dec-12 15:03:19

Ok could be a cyst, or a spot under the skin, or something that has always been there, or a reaction to a bite you didn't notice.

Dr will reassure I am sure. Let us know how it goes

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:08:44

Could be a wisdom tooth coming through, or trying to, on the top end of your jaw which is under the cheek bone.

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 15:14:41

well ive just noticed my wisdom tooth is cumin threw on the bottom? im literally sh***ing myself right now

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:33:39

If you move your jaw up and down and lump goes up and down with the movement, then that will be it, and nothing to worry about. You are just becoming a wise woman now !!

LeonardoAcropolis Tue 18-Dec-12 15:41:29

Are there any solitary glands up there? They sometimes become inflamed.

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 15:44:45

well when i close my moth its gone, clench my teeth-it comes back, and open my mouth wide its there

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:47:19

The lump seems to be on the top jaw, sure you are not getting a wisdom tooth on the top gum as well?

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:49:45

Does it hurt, or not?

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 15:50:27

could be as my top one on the other side has just broke the gum but no lump?

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 15:53:16

doesnt hurt.

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:55:29

I would put my finger on the gum at the top right at the end where it meets the cheek bone and feel if the lump is on the gum or actually in the inside of the cheek.

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 15:57:25

You didn't say which cheek, so could be the left.

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 16:09:56

left and its not on my gum its in the muscles of my cheek

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 18:11:35

Oh, not a wisdom tooth then.
Have you seen the Doc by now as 6.10pm here?

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 18:59:39

Yeh I've seen him my appointment was 5.40 it's a swollen lymph node? He said because I have a runny nose then it's a sort of virus?

digerd Tue 18-Dec-12 21:28:36

That sounds plausible. I have large glands in my neck that I can feel, but can't feel any lymph glands/nodes in my cheek, nor muscles, just flesh. I get small lumps on the inside of my cheeks sometimes, and lips too, which usually disappear later.
But that's good, nothing to worry about.
Good luck with getting rid of the virus.

Meganlillymai Tue 18-Dec-12 21:46:43

Well he said no other glands were swollen wich is a good sign so can't be serious just got to keep an eye on it

digerd Wed 19-Dec-12 14:26:27

I see you have another thread today about your swollen lymph node.
I realised when got into bed last night, that your were talking about the part of the cheek by your ear, below the cheek bone. I have not had that, myself. But at 16 - years ago, I had a large swollen gland behind my ear, and it hurt when opening my mouth wide to eat or yawn - it was the MUMPS.
Hope you get more answers from your today's thread

Meganlillymai Wed 19-Dec-12 16:56:27

Mine is açtualy below my cheek bone exactly under my bone açtualy I think it's gone down today

digerd Wed 19-Dec-12 17:41:51

Good. Lymph glands are there to trap infection, virus, and destroy them, so your's is doing its job. They often swell up while doing this, and go down when job finished.

Meganlillymai Wed 19-Dec-12 18:01:49

Well I do have a little cold n sore ears but doc said my ears wer clear so I'm wonderin maybe that's y it's a bit swollen.

digerd Wed 19-Dec-12 18:34:02

Yes, that is what it will be as nose, ears and throat are all connected, and any infection in those areas will be protected by many lymph glands/nodes.
They stop the infection getting into the blood stream so are very important.
Once it starts to reduce in size it usually soon disappears.

Meganlillymai Wed 19-Dec-12 18:41:06

I hope so I'm petrified incase it doesn't go and I have to go for a scan in 6 weeks. But if it goes then I don't need to go bak to doctors. I have a huge phobia of cancer and I'm terrified all the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now