Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mole with white dot in centre

(5 Posts)
craziedaisy Wed 21-Nov-12 19:27:52

My Dad has recently had skin cancer so I have started to pay more attention to my skin. I have a small round mole (2mm) on my knee that is brown apart from a small white spot in the centre. It has smooth borders and is not raised at all.
I know I should go to the doctors but has anyone else got one like this. I can't remember if it has always looked this. Please calm me down.

craziedaisy Wed 21-Nov-12 20:22:16

Anyone or is this more unusal than I think?

whoneedstosleep Wed 21-Nov-12 20:27:56

I have something similiar and it's harmless but as you know you should get it checked.
It's worth taking a picture of it too so if you suddenly look at it in 6 months time & wonder if its always been like that you have something to compare it to.

craziedaisy Wed 21-Nov-12 20:39:23

Thanks whoneeds did you get it checked or have you just had it for a long time? I looked a photo of myself this time last year and can see the mole then. Just can't remember if it has always looked like this. It is literaly a tiny speck of white in the centre is this like yours?

whoneedstosleep Wed 21-Nov-12 21:31:02

I work somewhere that deals with this kind of thing so had someone look at it yes.
The white bit in mine is maybe a 1/3 of the size of the whole thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now