Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush - do you treat your partner?

(4 Posts)
FadBook Sun 18-Nov-12 09:05:11

I've had thrush recently and it's finally cleared up (micoazole cream inserted with applicator twice a day). I had sex last night and can feel the start of it again.

I didn't think thrush was like an STI, so not necessarily transferable? Is this right.

Utterly pissed off that I need to do more treatment.

VisualiseAHorse Sun 18-Nov-12 09:48:00

Yes, get your partner to take some too. It's technically not an STI, but men can get it too, or carry it without noticing. If he does have it, the tip of his penis will be red/swollen and might have tiny red spots on it.

Me and my OH have had this problem too. I went to the doctors to get treatment, went back again a month later, and then twice more, before I said "do you think my partner should be treated/checked too?". The doctor said "yes, that's a good idea." I wanted to say..."I thought YOU were the fucking doctor!!".

We used canestan like this : Both take the tablet, plus use a whole tube of cream each applying 3 times a day, abstain from sex while doing this (Tough week!). That should do the trick.

FadBook Sun 18-Nov-12 20:45:35

Cheers Visualise Other half hasn't get any of the symptoms you have described. I just didn't think you'd have to treat the other half because it's a fungal infection rather than a bacteria one. I will get him to slather on some canestan cream tonight and we will abstain this week sad

VisualiseAHorse Sun 18-Nov-12 22:34:13

Yes, abstaining sucks! It is a fungal infection, but he has places where fungus can grow too...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now