Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

bleeding after sex

(13 Posts)
redadmiralsinthegarden Fri 16-Nov-12 19:58:22

Do I bother to go to the doctor with this?
i'm up to date with my smear and it isn't likely to be an std. i tend to get very anxious over my health, and i think he would think i was wasting his time.
if it continued, how long do you think i should leave it?

TotallyEggFlipped Fri 16-Nov-12 19:59:16

Don't leave it. See your doctor. You need a repeat smear and examination.

TotallyEggFlipped Fri 16-Nov-12 19:59:42

And try not to be anxious.

redadmiralsinthegarden Fri 16-Nov-12 20:14:14

Thank you egg. i think that the act of making the gp appointment will heighten my anxiety, and i can't bear that sicky, anxious feeling. if i ignore it, i won't have to worry, iyswim confused.
but i will ring on Monday.

Jellykat Fri 16-Nov-12 20:28:40

I have had the same for 5 years, best to get things checked out..

Just to reassure you my gynae didn't find any explanation, and it wasn't until i read on MN that polyps can bleed after sex, that i had an answer (as i have one of those)..

Try not to worry!

TotallyEggFlipped Fri 16-Nov-12 20:51:21

It's probably nothing, but it's not a symptom to ignore.
Once you've seen the GP you'll feel less anxious, but I think if you delay you'll just become more scared to deal with it because you didn't go at the beginning.
Good luck.

tabbycat15 Sat 17-Nov-12 02:11:38

It could be a cervical erosion. It can be caurerised. Best to get checked by a Dr.

marleybrodie Sat 17-Nov-12 20:43:49

I second cervical erosion but needs checked.

TheCountessOlenska Sat 17-Nov-12 21:11:26

Yes I had a cervical erosion. All will be fine but you need to go to Dr smile

GhostShip Sat 17-Nov-12 23:46:45

Is it when you orgasm or just penetration?

Adversecamber Sat 17-Nov-12 23:57:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redadmiralsinthegarden Sun 18-Nov-12 17:21:04

thanks for your advice, everyone. my period came 24 hours later (i have an IUD, so i am very irratic), so i guess it may have been linked to that (although this was fresh blood, and menstrual isn't - tmi???)
Adverse, biscuits and DVDs??? fabulous!

Lillyaan Mon 19-Nov-12 19:45:58

Yes you need to go to GP for referral to gynaecologist. Sounds like cervical Erosion which looks like = reddened broken skin on cervix.
Needs Cryo surgery (Dan of freezing) to heal. Not painful if you relax. No different than having a smear but takes 2 minutes contact (with Nitrous Oxide)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: