Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this a uti please help

(4 Posts)
steph2412 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:53:38

Hi im 18weeks pregnant been feeling ill the past couple of days but nothing to unbearable.however today been really stinging when i wee so i thought will see doc tomoro but then it has started to feel like i cant get enough wee out when i go to the tpilet if that makes sense?also getting a few pains in the fango area sorry tmi but just wondering if this is normal for a uti?ive just took two paraceetomol so hoping that will help.any info or ideas to help ease pain really appreciated.tia xx

Whatnowffs Tue 13-Nov-12 22:00:48

It does sound like a UTI yes - poor you, i am prone to these and they are vile. Can you take ibruprofen when you are pregnant? (i can't remember) If so, then take them alongside or rather than the paracetemol as they are anti-inflammatory. Then drink loads of water as you are wanting to flush through. The feeling you can't get enough wee out is because your bladder is irritated and inflammed which makes you feel like you want to wee when you aren't full. Drinking lots will also dilute your urine and make it less acidic so sting less. Also, wee in the bath smile (with water in of course!)

Parisbanana Tue 13-Nov-12 22:00:59

Sounds like it, though you should get it checked out. In the meantime drink lots of water (or I find weak squash more palatable if drinking a lot).
And cranberry juice is supposed to be good.

steph2412 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:08:36

Thank you so much for your replys im feeling a bit of relief from the tablets already,im normally really good with pain but think its my hormones taking over. Thanks again ladies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now