Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I need to see GP about painful ear and a 2 month cold/cough?

(4 Posts)
noseynoonoo Mon 12-Nov-12 23:11:45

I have had a series of colds, coughs, sinus trouble since mid September. It's kind of becoming normal life for me now which is tricky with work. I have stopped taking expectorant so am living a life of phlegm. Often one side of my face is very painful but I think this is due to sinuses.

At the moment (last 2 weeks) I can not blow my nose because it causes intense pain in my ear. I am currently sat here with some Vicks on a ball of cotton wool stuck in my ear hoping this might do some good.

Is this too minor a thing to see a GP about? Or does anyone have any tips I could use?

Thank you.

afrocircus Tue 13-Nov-12 10:57:50

Yes I would see the GP as it could be an infection that requires antibiotics. I had something similar and a course of ab's cleared it up.

I really wouldn't be putting anything in your ear though...

AS far as tips go, I can only recommend leaning over a bowl of steam and inhaling.

noseynoonoo Thu 15-Nov-12 21:01:18

I went today. He said I have chronic sinisitis. Have come home with antibiotics, and other things to stick up my nose and in my ears - what fun!

afrocircus Fri 16-Nov-12 09:08:55

Glad you got to the bottom of it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now