Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

belly button being pushed out.....hernia?

(6 Posts)
socksnottights Mon 12-Nov-12 23:07:20

That's it really. I'm not slim and have one DC and noticed a while ago that my belly button which has always looked normal now seems to have something which has moved up into it, feels soft but is a small bulge. Def not a baby!!

What should I do and should I be worried?

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 13-Nov-12 12:52:22

Pop and see your GP. Do you have fibroids?

socksnottights Tue 13-Nov-12 22:59:27

Ladymary-had some polyps removed last year and can't remember if they said there was a small fibroid or not, nothing that needed treating at the time anyway tho I am terrible at remembering medical info!

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 13-Nov-12 23:01:33

My sister has huge fibroids, they make her belly button stick out. You're better off popping to see your GP and getting them to check you over. It could be a hernia, it's very difficult to say though so you need to see your GP. smile

socksnottights Tue 13-Nov-12 23:27:31

Thanks Ladymary I will force myself to go to GP, always feel embarrassed in case they think I'm wasting their time.

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 13-Nov-12 23:28:26

Na, GPs are great. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now