Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CT Scan - Chest and Sinuses

(3 Posts)
LIZS Mon 12-Nov-12 20:23:30

tomorrow am. Just read the leaflet and it suggests I shouldn't eat beforehand. Can anyone advise on what to expect , will I have to derobe ?!

Madsometimes Mon 12-Nov-12 21:43:07

I've had a chest (heart) CT scan, but not sinuses.

I had a cannula in my arm, and had to lie on a bed with my arms raised above my head. The technician left the room, but communicated with me through an intercom. During the scan I had to lie still, and at times was told to hold my breath for a few seconds. At some points in the scan, CT contrast was remotely injected into me. The contrast made me feel flushed and gave me a sensation that I needed to pee for a few seconds.

The scan lasted for a few minutes, it didn't take long. The preparation was longer than the scan. After the scan, I was told to drink lots of water to flush the contrast from my system.

Madsometimes Mon 12-Nov-12 21:46:01

I remember that I had to wear a hospital gown, but can't remember if I had to just take off my top clothes, or everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now