Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Debilitating tiredness, nausea, gastro-bug like tummy cramps (not PG)

(8 Posts)
hackneybird Mon 12-Nov-12 18:07:55

I have been feeling washed out and exhausted for weeks. I try to go to bed by 10.30pm, am eating well and avoiding rubbish, very sensible amounts of wine at weekends only....and I am still totally shattered.

Have also been feeling queasy and nauseous on and off for weeks, and get really uncomfortable intestinal cramps when I eat.

I put it down to having a bug (DS was very sick one night) but it has been going on for a good few weeks now so I wonder whether I should go to the docs.

Anyone else feeling the same?

afrocircus Tue 13-Nov-12 10:55:18

Is there any chance that you could be constipated? I'm pretty sure that even if you are going every day there can be a, shall we say, "backlog" grin.

I had a similar feeling when I rapidly added a lot of fibre to my diet - have you changed your diet or started eating anything new?

hackneybird Tue 13-Nov-12 15:54:44

No major drastic changes - been trying to eat more low gi snacks and avoid processed carbs etc, in order to have a more nutritious diet.

And I have been very 'regular'.

Pancakeflipper Tue 13-Nov-12 16:00:41

UTI? I never have burning wee but I get very retchy, tired and feel like throwing up after eating.

tabbycat15 Thu 15-Nov-12 04:42:57

Could be Lactose or gluten intolerance. Best to see a Dr.

Jambonfrites Thu 15-Nov-12 21:59:31

A friend of mine has just been diagnosed with coeliac disease and had those symptoms - but I think quite a few conditions might have similar symptoms. Deffo worth going to a GP and asking for tests...

hopespringy Fri 16-Nov-12 00:17:52

Yes! as in yes I have those symptoms. I just logged on to 'health' to post a thread to ask about virus-buster suggestions (garlic? chilli?) because I've had this wretched thing for weeks and I feel terrible. I'm also vigorously watching what I eat in the hope that it will ease the symptoms but this bug seems to be steaming on regardless.

symptoms have been (in chronological order):
- sore throat/mildly fluey (about a week-ish)
- extremely achey calf muscles - fluey ache
- wierd painful joints, which float around my body
- shooting pains in my legs
- severe dizziness/vomitting (3 weeks in) - got the GP out then, says it's a virus
- very tired and disorientated, comes and goes: one minute fine, the next eyes rolling with tiredness
- nauseus lump in my throat (week 4), queasy stomach

I am very rarely ill - crap patient!

hopespringy Fri 16-Nov-12 00:25:20

forgot to add deep bronchial cough (week 4)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now