Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can having flu...

(3 Posts)
orangeandpumpkinlooking Sun 11-Nov-12 21:12:14

Cause your period to be late?

I had flu (proper, cannot get out of bed for a week flu) at the beginning of October. It took about 3 weeks for get totally better, and lost about half a stone, although I've gained it back.

My period was due on the 1st Nov, it's still not here! Not pregnant, not menopausal, not stressed.

Can I blame the flu for this? I am partly posting this in order to tempt fate, so it will arrive. I've tried wearing white!

didldidi Sun 11-Nov-12 21:50:18

If you were ill when you should have ovulated then you may miss it out altogether. It happened to me in may. Was really sick with a bug the day i usually ovulated and no period thatl month.

sleepyhead Sun 11-Nov-12 21:53:07

I was very ill a couple of years ago (not flu, but viral and similar severity) and it really screwed up my cycle that month. I was ttc and charting so I could see that ovulation had been delayed as well as period being nearly two weeks late.

So yes, I would say it can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now