Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice needed please-Hysterectomy 3 years ago and major pregnancy symptoms

(3 Posts)
TheTempest Sun 11-Nov-12 00:44:03

Well, as the title really! I had a bad birth 3 years ago that ended in an emergency hysterectomy. Around 1 year ago -18 months I had a phase of about 6 months where i had minor pregnancy symptoms, GP said it was one of those things, my mind adjusting etc as I had a breakdown and only really started feeling normal ish then.

However, in the last week it has returned with a vengance, everything from the metallic taste to sore boobs and even tummy flutterings. I don't feel ill as such but don't feel right either. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what's causing it?

I don't think it's MH related as I'm in a better place than I have been for a long time!

Thanks so much :-)

Cailleach Sun 11-Nov-12 09:57:22

Sounds like it could be something hormonal to me: are you near the menopause or even peri-menopause? They will have left your ovaries in of course, otherwise you'd be on HRT, so you're still producing hormones...

I only ask because my dear old Ma honestly thought she was pregnant as she started going into menopause...she even went and bought pregnancy tests she was so worried!

Her doctor told her it was not uncommon...

TheTempest Sun 11-Nov-12 10:22:37

No I don't think so. I'm 25 so a while to go yet. I might ask for my hormone levels to be checked by GP. Thanks so much for replying :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now