Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

12 year old DD has pea size lump behind nipple

(17 Posts)
NamingOfParts Fri 09-Nov-12 19:25:21

I have made an appointment for her to see doctor.

This isnt something to worry about is it please?

I have resisted the temptation to google and am thinking cyst.

relaxingathome Fri 09-Nov-12 19:27:17

Has she started to develop yet?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:28:12

My guess it is a breast bud, unless she is already developed in the bust department.

BettySuarez Fri 09-Nov-12 19:28:23

Could it be a blocked duct? Bless her, hope all gets sorted soon x

fengirl1 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:28:33

Sounds like a breast bud - the hard lump you get when breasts start to develop. Can also be tender.

lljkk Fri 09-Nov-12 19:28:59

Sounds completely normal. They go sort of lumpy to start with.

strawberryblondebint Fri 09-Nov-12 19:29:48

Its a breast bud! I remember finding mine (only on one side) and being convinced I had cancer. Tell her not to worry

bigTillyMint Fri 09-Nov-12 19:30:16

DD had this when she was about 9 (discovered on holiday because constanly in a swimming cozzie!). It was quite tender. I got worried and went to GP who immediately referred us to paediatrician at St Thomas's who said it was almost certainly a breast-bud.
She is now 13 and a 28Dsmile

But please go to the GP if you are still worried - better safe than sorry.

NamingOfParts Fri 09-Nov-12 20:31:16

Breasts have been developing for a while and she has been having periods for a few months now.

She has said that it isnt tender and that it doesnt vary with time of the month. I think I am glad we are going to doctor if only to reassure her and me.

Thank you for all comments and I will continue to avoid google!

DoubleDoubleTwigletTrouble Fri 09-Nov-12 20:58:29

My DD had exactly the same thing - I was fairly convinced it was a breast bud to me but doc said is probably the skin going lumpy due to hormones.

Peppermintcrumb Sat 10-Nov-12 00:02:00

Make sure she sees a nice female doctor!!

NamingOfParts Sat 10-Nov-12 10:06:58

Sadly not possible in our surgery, Peppermint. If she wants to be seen anytime before hell freezes over she has to be seen on a Hobson's choice basis.

Peppermintcrumb Sun 11-Nov-12 00:31:39

That is sad. My 12 year old DD refuses to see any male health care staff. Good luck with your appointment - I hope it goes well.

NamingOfParts Tue 27-Nov-12 22:01:42

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advice. DD finally able to see a doctor last Friday - earlier appointment only possible if DD willing to be filmed - errrr no!

She saw a male doctor who really couldnt have been better. He gave her a proper exam including checking for swelling in neck and armpits.

No real conclusion as to what it is but he told her what to watch out for if it was a problem.

Peppermintcrumb Tue 27-Nov-12 22:30:09

Filmed!! For whose benefit!!?? Ewww!!

NamingOfParts Wed 28-Nov-12 13:42:17

For training purposes, unsurprisingly that was the only doctor with appointments available in a short time (ie within a week).

LonelyLinda Wed 28-Nov-12 19:28:35

I had breast buds when I was younger, it is very common. I had found a lump and felt dread but it was fine. I remember my mother saying (cringe) "Ooh good, maybe that means you'll have big breasts"!?!?!?!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now