We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post c-section exercise- any help appreciated

(3 Posts)
IceNoSlice Thu 08-Nov-12 19:14:38

Anyone got any tips on how to get rid of the squidgy tummy?

I'm 13 weeks post ECMS and back in pre-preg jeans due to BF and lots of walking with the LO, but pretty fed up with the wobbly tum. It's still a bit numb and i'm pretty concerned about damaging muscles etc by doing the wrong thing.

I believe I can't do curl-ups due to CS (not yet anyway), but wondered if anyone had any tips or You Tube recommendations for routines to tone up, that sort of thing?

IndigoBarbie Thu 08-Nov-12 20:24:11

Hi, please go really easy on yourself. if you google Julie Tupler - she teaches a tummy strengthening technique which is very very very helpful. I had large split tummy muscles (diastasis) and also had an emcs, but this helped, a lot. I think if anything I didn't do and wish I had is to mobilise the scar - ie roll it gently to 'bring it away from' the lower skin underneath (inside). I am almost 3 years on and I still have numbness around that general area, but that's not say this will happen with you. best of luck, and well done being in your jeans xxxx

IceNoSlice Thu 08-Nov-12 22:53:47

Thank you Indigo, I'll definitely look her up. Kind of you to reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now