Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

endometrial thickness with biopsy to follow

(7 Posts)
amummienetter Thu 08-Nov-12 18:39:28

I have a thickened womb lining and am due to have an endometrial biopsy along with a mirena fitted on the same day (terminology correct I hope?)
Could I possibly hear from others who has had the same procedure with results coming back as benign. I only wanted to hear nice stories please.
I'm not nervous about the pain factor but keep obsessing about cancer.
I'm 36.

amummienetter Thu 08-Nov-12 20:45:57

bump

Standsted Thu 08-Nov-12 22:41:56

hi,
try endemetriosis uk,there is a forum on there i think and you will get a lot of info.
good luck

LackaDAISYcal Thu 08-Nov-12 22:46:52

No advice, but I'm having similar health worries at the minute, so passing on a manly pat on the back to you. I have no obvious thickening of the edometrium when scanned a few months ago, but have been bleeding for almost three full cycles now and it's getting me down sad I'm waiting on a re-referral to gynae who said initially I had a possible polyp or fibroid but that it was too small to be symptomatic.

littlemissbossy Fri 09-Nov-12 19:00:04

I had this 2 years ago and it was not cancer (thickening was caused by fibroids). Please try not to worry as I was told by my Consultant that it was most highly unlikely at my age (41) to be cancer. I too had a mirena fitted at the same time. HTH

amummienetter Fri 09-Nov-12 21:06:01

Many thanks for the replies above and hope I hope you get sorted soon lackadaisycal.

frankie4 Sun 11-Nov-12 10:11:26

I had this and had a hysteroscopy to investigate. It was found that I have adenomyosis, a thickened womb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now