Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

black greenish poo

(8 Posts)
gloomywinters2 Thu 08-Nov-12 12:35:23

a bit worried im 34 i went to the toilet about 2 days ago to find my poo had gone a dark black with a greenish coulour to it my stomach feels a bit different like its got a tight band round it and today i bent down and felt a little pain i dont take iron tablets and haven,t eaten any thing dark recently looked it up on computer it said somthing about gastrics and ulcers has any body experienced coulourchange in there poo and if so what was it really bothering me an a little worried.

nancerama Thu 08-Nov-12 12:36:49

It could be nothing, but it might not be. Get an appointment with your GP - these things can't be diagnosed or treated on the Internet.

LadyofWinterfell Thu 08-Nov-12 12:37:03

Have you been drinking red wine? That always makes mine go black/green in colour.

gloomywinters2 Thu 08-Nov-12 12:45:09

i did have some red wine i,ve had red wine before and it,s never done that i usely drink dark red blosom hill wine but this time i went to tesco,s had a £5.00 voucher and changed it to£10 and got tesco,s finest deep red wine to treat my self. it could be that i hope so it,s the feeling in my stomach im concerned about but maybe i,m being dramatic cause of the black greenish poo thats freaking me out.

DorisIsWaiting Thu 08-Nov-12 13:07:31

I agree with nancerama, you will not get reassurance or treatment from the internet. You need to make an appointment to see your GP.

IF it is blood then there could be a number of reasons either way it needs further investigation.

Pick up the phone and book an appointment now. If it gets worse and you start having black diahorhea (sp) please get an emergency appt or get yourself to A and E.

gloomywinters2 Thu 08-Nov-12 13:57:11

if i dosen,t go by the weekend i will phone gp and get it sorted .

FerrisBueller1972 Thu 08-Nov-12 13:59:58

I had this but also accompanied by horrible pain and bloating, mentioned it to docs and they sent me to A&E, did the old camera down my throat to discover a linear ulcer in my stomach. However I had been on Diclofenac for years without any stomach protecting tablets... I would recommend the docs for sure. Good luck

DorisIsWaiting Thu 08-Nov-12 14:53:51

why not phone today in case it takes a while to get an appt... even if it does stop I think it should be investigated (ex MAU nurse)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now