Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do different GPs have such Different/opposing views on the same thing?

(5 Posts)
olivo Wed 07-Nov-12 20:46:25

Back from drs, couldn't see usual ones jo was going to refer me for my constant sinus infections and congestion. This one said they wouldn't really do anything at ENT and that it wasn't that successful if they did. I am now a bit confused as to what I should do. Put up with it or wait and go back to original one and ask for referral anyway? How do I know who is right?

I might add that I have to pay nearly 40 pounds for the pleasure each time, as I am not in UK.

sashh Thu 08-Nov-12 01:25:30

Ireland by any chance?

I'd go back to the origional one.

olivo Thu 08-Nov-12 20:09:02

I think I will have to. Think my head is going to explode. It just frustrates me that everyone doesn't have to go down the same treatment route, it can't be right that it varies so much, surely?

Oblomov Thu 08-Nov-12 20:16:10

I think it is obvious. GP's are only the same as any other folk. Few are much more pro-active: oh yes lets refer you, take this tablet, lets kill this off asap.
Many are much more laid back: lets see how it goes, come back in xxx weeks.

When I do occassionally go to the doctors, I don't want to be fobbed off. I want to be given the strongest thing possible, to kill it off asap. But realistically, I know that this rarely happens. Pisser!!

olivo Thu 08-Nov-12 21:43:49

Yea, I guess so. Because of the cost, I only go if I am dying so I suppose I expect some consistency at least! I don't want this forever!sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now