Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

well, I have a migraine. spiffing.

(19 Posts)
BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 17:34:36

I have felt off colour the last couple of days, spent yesterday in bed shaking and vomiting with a blinding headache. Today I went back to bed after taking ds to school and slept. I feel sick, my head feelws like its stuck in a vice, my ears feel fuzzy, my sinuses are blocked and my hands feel numb. I thought it was a virus, but I am craving sugar. Sweets, fizzy pop, anything. Which usually signifies a migraine. However, I don't think I could keep it down.

<Whimper> just want to moan. My last migraine lasted 11 days. And this one shows no sign of abating.

MaureenMLove Wed 07-Nov-12 17:37:44

Poor you. It sounds like you've got a monster migraine going on.

However, and I mean this most sincerely, get off the bloody computer! It won't help and you know it! winkgrin

Hope you feel better soon!

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 17:40:38

Oh, I'm not on. On the twatphone just to whinge. Going back to bed as soon as dh gets in. Last night I went to bed at 8.30, slept til 8am, went back to bed at 9am and slept til 12. Result! wink

Tuttutitlookslikerain Wed 07-Nov-12 17:40:38

Can you take aspirin?

I get loads of migraines and one thing that really does work in getting rid of them is dissolve 3 aspirin in a small glass of coke. It is recommended by the London Migraine Clinic.

I had a corker this morning, after having one last night so didn't want to take Sumatiriptan, I took the aspirin, it was gone on half an hour.

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 17:52:51

Not really, I take various meds for arthritis and fibromyalgia so I need to contact my gp first. I'm hacked off, its dhs first night off in ages and we have been together 14years. I planned a nice meal. That's buggered.

MaureenMLove Wed 07-Nov-12 17:54:06

That's interesting about the aspirin and coke. I might have to look into that.

I had a headache all weekend, which I suspect was a migraine. Not nearly as bad as I've had in the past, but it stuck around literally all weekend.

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:01:44

Blame, I am currently in bed with migraine I have had since Monday. I finally dragged myself to GP yesterday. The doctor saw me right off, probably because I vomited copiously in waiting room...
He started me on heavy duty pan meds and an antiemetic..I feel somewhat better today. Also a mate here told me about migraleve. It helped get me through that first night.
I do hope it releases it's grip in you post haste..

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 18:07:26

Migraleve is wonderful stuff, I normally have it in the cupboard but haven't been able to get into town to stock up. I did think it was a virus but my cravings and the headache have swayed my fuzziheadedness into the migraine territory.

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 18:09:04

And oh, since monday? How crap. Even crapper to puke in the waiting room. I was embarrased enough that ds saw me.

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:10:43

I wonder if non migraine people can begin to fathom just how debilitating it is..

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 18:19:31

I know. Dh once referred to his hangover as a migraine, I went spare I asked him if he could lift his head without vomiting.

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:42:20

Indeed, my five year old keeps flipping light off and on. Also, screaming in my ear then bursting into tears when I kindly ask her to stop..

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:43:44

Blame, did you speak to GP about med options? Migraines also interfere with my sleep..a catch22

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 18:55:15

Ouch! No, I take heavy duty pain meds for my arthritis, and my migraines only occur every few months. I'm worried that its been caused by my new anti-inflamms. If it doesn't go tomorrow I will all my gp and get my bp checked etc

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 18:57:53

I don't sleep-sleep, iykwim, I doze and drift in and out of consciousness.

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 19:03:24

You are very stoic to ride this out. You just described myself..drift off, then jerk awake with a start. I have sleepy meds but can't see combining pain killers and sleep drug.
Are you taking in fluids? So easy to become dehydrated with migraine..

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 19:10:08

Bloody stupid! As I said, it only really dawned on me that it was a migraine today and I feel too illl to do anything.

Water makes me retch when I'm like this, I always end up drinking gallons and gallons of squash or lemonade. Or eating starchy stuff.

Cynner Wed 07-Nov-12 19:26:52

I feel so bad for you. I wishi had something tangible to offer...I am off to lie on couch and consider options..bed or a nap?
Do get some rest and if you are able post how you are later..

BlameItOnTheCuervo Wed 07-Nov-12 19:48:34

Thank you, that's v sweet, hope you feel better soon. I am waiting for ds to go to sleep so I can go to bed. And trying hold down dinner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now