Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chronic Diarrhea? IBS Totally fed up

(8 Posts)
OonaghBhuna Wed 07-Nov-12 14:10:42

I have had chronic diarrhea for so long I cant remember doing a normal poo.LAst year I had a colonoscopy, a barium x ray etc thankfully there was nothing untoward found. I was told it was IBS and there was nothing they could do.....I then got myself referred again and I have had one appointment with a dietitian, who has given me a low fibre diet.Im not seeing her for another 8 weeks......FAb. I cant live like this it is affecting my life, work social life and family life. I don't drink much I exercise regularly and I have a reasonably good diet. Im at a loss all I know is that I cant go on living like this. Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thank you in advance!

mawbroon Wed 07-Nov-12 14:25:04

Is it just the diarrhoea or do you have any other stuff going on?

Sleep issues, high palate, orthodontic problems, sore/clicky jaw or neck, allergies/intolerance, headaches, speech difficulties as a child, ENT problems, do you have a long face, do you know if you breastfed as a child, do you have a gap between your teeth?

Sorry for all the questions. Tongue tie can cause gastric problems and wondering if it could be that?

OonaghBhuna Wed 07-Nov-12 14:34:09

I had ENT problems as a child. But have always been a healthy person up until now!
None of the others you have mentioned!

mawbroon Wed 07-Nov-12 14:37:16

prob not that then!

Chopchopbusybusy Wed 07-Nov-12 14:53:59

Have you been tested for coeliac disease?

wannabestressfree Wed 07-Nov-12 15:04:09

crohns disease? I poo like a trooper

Sandie79 Wed 07-Nov-12 15:19:11

I just posted a somewhat similar thread! I found what helped me was doing a supervised series of elimination diets to detect food intolerance - I'm lactose intolerant, which was pretty obvious, but nothing else came up - totally eliminating then cutting down yeast and sugar (google candida diet), resting lots, and taking a multivitamin because if you're going to the toilet that much your body can't be absorbing enough nutrition. I'm still not 100% though. It is very frustrating - IBS seems to be a catch-all for when the medical profession just can't figure out what's going on.

OonaghBhuna Wed 07-Nov-12 15:40:16

I dont have coeliac or crohns. Sandie- I do need to take vitamins! It is so frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now